Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Practice day

I have the A & E down now. And focusing on the D. As soon as I get the D down, I will begin the process of switching them back and forth, and picking up speed between them before moving on to lesson 6.

I did try something suggested in the RHM forums, and I sat on the edge of the bed to practice, and that does seem to help to get me back to the original technique shown in the DVD. A little, but not %100. So it seems that the height from the ground can help me adapt to the hurdle. I am wondering if being higher then the edge of my bed might help even more. So I am on the hunt for other places to sit, to see if that will solve the problem.

Another thought I had was to place a heavy object on my right side, near my leg. (Not obstructing the area used to play though, much like the arms of a chair would.) If I could get that to prop up my leg straight, it would make it a lot easier to put the guitar on my right leg, as opposed to my left. Something else I will have to hunt for. One person down at the local bank even suggested using a belt to tie my legs together? Sounds primitive, but there might be merit in it, I will have to poke around with it. The closer I can get to John's example, the better off I must be in the long run.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP