Monday, November 17, 2008

LRAG-BEG - L# 8 & an update on practice

Lesson 8 More Major Open Chords C - F - G

I can tell ya up front that F & G are going to be my favorites in this one. I thought that D was bad. LOL I'll be fiddling with this one for a while before moving on. I do indeed have the E - A - D down, so any fear I might have had in the beginning has now dissipated seeing as I have proven to myself that chords can be learned if you take the time to learn them.

Seeing as I spent so much time on this last deal, I thought I would make a vid for folks to see what I had been spending my time on for so long, and after doing it, it might appear that I got nowhere with it, but I assure you, that is not the case.

I am really glad I had a chance to read Sarge's post on "Perfectionism", because these past couple of days were a perfect example of that for me. I went into this looking to impress myself and others, and then came out of it fitting his post to a tee. I am really glad this one shows me having trouble, because that is what is really happening, and I imagine that others are going through the same things. Wanting to be perfect, but fumbling on it. That's ok, maybe folks seeing me fumbling on it will help assure them that their fumbling is ok, and that is what practice is designed for, to get better by keeping up the practicing.

I have a new feeling since doing this latest vid, it's the feeling of being comfortable with my shortcomings, because I know they can be practiced, and overcame, just gotta be patient...

2 comments:

Sarge said...

Hey Old Man - you are doing good! I don't know if it's the sound of the recording or not but you sound a little out of tune. Go to the main site and download the tuner to computer.

Your a nice example of patience and practice!!!

Daddy Rose said...

Howdee Sarge... Actually, I have been wondering if it is out of tune myself. I did download the tuner, but not sure if the sounds are quite the same. Will check again tho!

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP