Wednesday, November 26, 2008

LRAG-BEG - L# 9 & EMT C# 3 cont.

Been working on lesson 9 of course. Slow going. Been focusing more on practicing the prior lessons then I have the newest. I am thinking I need to make sure the road behind me is as well traveled as possible before running forward to quickly... The new strumming pattern is more the challenge then learning the new chord (Csus). So I am practicing the pattern with each chord individually before moving on to the next one. That is, after I learn the new chord!

In Edly's C#3... "Major Keys & Key Signatures"

I learned:

  • What a "Key" is.
  • A Scale vs. a Key.
  • Why should we learn Keys.
  • Who needs to know.
  • Patterns
  • What are "Key Signatures".
  • Determining the (Major) Key, from a Key Signature.
And some phrases to remember the order of added sharps and flats in keys, for example...

Sharps: Fat Cats Give Dogs An Endless Battle (F,C,G,D,A,E,B)
Flats: By Eight, All Dates Get Cold Feet (B,E,A,D,G,C,F)

There was a worksheet & a chart to go over as well.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP