Edly's Chapter 5 was on Chords: Triads
Finally something I am having hands on experience with whilst reading about! LOL So I have learned a few things the last day and a half...
- I know what a Chord is, and what it is made up of.
- A Triad is a 3 note chord.
- I see where "intervals" are applied now.
- I know what arpeggiating a chord is.
- Chords are derived from scales.
- You can build chords by stacking intervals.
- The root tells you what note the chord is built upon.
- The suffix tells you the chord type.
- Major Ninth
- Minor Eleventh Flat Five
Lowering the top note of a major interval by a half step makes it a minor interval. There are also three other triads:
- Diminished - Everything except the root of the chord is lowered.
- Augmented - The fifth is raised
- Major sounds happy, heroic, or strong.
- Minor sounds sad, lonesome, or haunting.
- Diminished sound suspenseful and haunting.
- Augmented are dreamy, strange, and eerie.
- Suspended just plain leaves you hanging.
The humidifier arrived today as well, that is a relief to finally have that here, and able to use. I certainly don't want that new guitar in a shambles before I actually get a chance to learn it! Still waiting on the two other products from RHM, I expect them here by Saturday at the latest.